Skip to main content

True STORY:Diary of a Black Male Teen 3

Chapter Three
(My Friend Henry)

Sex is so sweet I wouldn't mind dying to have it anytime of the day... at sixteen he was already having sex with prostitutes.
At fifteen hairs had grown out of my pits and my pubic hair was much more visible. I made some interesting friends in my Secondary school; a mix of brains and brawn but nonetheless they were my friends. They were blunt discussing issues, they made their private lives public interest; it was subject to applaud and criticism. With them nothing was spoken in parables, this is the guy’s clique; we make the lies good and the truth blunt too. Perhaps, you might have such friends during your teenage years... I bet you do.

They were the ones who told me stuffs. Stuffs my dad wasn't bold enough to say to me. One day, one of my friends nearly laughed out his eyes when I argued that babies come through a woman’s anus. He alerted others who joined in the laughing spree then they bluntly told me the passage way is the vagina. Though they didn’t use the word vagina, they used the pidgin language to spell it out to me. Bear with me dear diary, I find the word difficult to write down or speak in words till date.

Most of my friends didn't have a disciplinarian dad like mine. Also, they had mums who were traders, mums who owned shops far away from the ghetto, mothers who hawked from the wee hours of the morning till night time when they return home exhausted. Many of them had parents that were never home except at night. Only few of my friends had mums who were full housewives but they seldom care where their teenage children went or what they did.

As it is customary to find litters of dirt around street corners of the ghetto neighbourhood, so customary it is to find gossiping housewives. Housewives horn their gossip skills and sharpen their antennas to shuffle and prioritize the latest gist leaving their children to wonder off from street to street. They are the reason for conflicts between neighbours of the same compound and a free for all fight across the streets. They are the ones who never stayed at home, walking from one room to another and from one house to another with a piece of wrapper. We refer to them as Busybody.

Lot of my new friends roam the streets very late at night. They were given unrestrained access to privacy by their parents especially those who had a room to themselves unlike me, my compound was my prison yard and our one room apartment is my cell block.

Of my friends, one that explored the dark corners of his puberty unrestrained is Henry. Henry was sixteen years old when I was fifteen but he was already having sex with more than three consenting teen girls multiple times in venues varying from school toilet, parents’ bedroom, the house of a friend and his compound backyard which was always dark due to epileptic power supply at night.

He was very explicit and detailed in recounting his sexual escapades. His experiences were always real when he narrates them. It was like watching a 3D video; all the details converge at a focal point.
  
On rare occasions when he ascertains that either or both his parents would be home, he’ll take a girl from school to a friend’s place for the act. These friends were always ready to testify about the authenticity of Henry’s adventures because they always peep through the keyhole unknown to the girls, so they can tease them when they make Shakara. Who were these girls? Common! They were our classmates who just admired Henry for his cash or charm or for both. Henry was a good and very lucky gambler so cash was always in his pocket.

Henry would damn the consequences of being absent from school just to have sex. He would say, “Sex is so sweet I wouldn't mind dying to have it anytime of the day.” So, if being at home guarantees him sex then he is not coming to school. I have never known him to leave his pack of Gold Circle condom at home when he is in school. Not that he cared so much about safe sex, he actually prefers unsafe sex which he refers to as, Skin to skin but if using a condom would allay the girl’s fear and guarantee him sex, he grudgingly obliges.

Dear diary the story of Henry may look like something fetched out from an adult comic book but it is real and true. Sometimes I wonder the great disillusion cast on his parents or other parents who look at their teenagers as innocent, immature to discuss the topic of sex with them. I had always wondered during my leisure while gazing at the ceiling, “Does Henry’s parents need to teach him about sex? I bet he’ll be the one mounting the pulpit preaching the gospel of sex to his parents had they dared to make it a topic for discussion.”

Oh dear dairy I almost forgot about the other part of  Henry which may scare you, do you know that at sixteen Henry was having sex with prostitutes? Yeah, commercial sex hawkers if you intend to call it that. When the girls in our class and his neighbourhood were unavailable, he goes to streets dedicated to prostitutes or hotels disguised for such purpose and pay to have sex. Every ghetto has its own area assigned to prostitutes, if you are in doubt please pay a visit to one. Henry has never been thrown out of such hotels or streets before. At sixteen he was paying to have sex with adults in their mid and late twenties. Although, he readily admits that sex with a prostitute was never satisfying, he doesn’t last five minutes and he had to use a condom…

The prostitutes didn’t bother about his age and the size of his penis, this was their job, they call it Servicing, and what is guaranteed is not your satisfaction but you paying up, else you are in for a live show you’ll never forget. To talk about morality in such a place is a joke, a lost cause. When people are plagued by poverty the voice of morality is often lost to a suppressed conscience. People in the Lagos ghetto would readily sell anything they consider valuable to others just to eat and survive and so it is in any ghetto in the world.

      However, no matter how explicit Henry recounted his sensuous affairs it was never disgusting, at least to me. Rather I draw inspiration from it to go on such adventures myself if the opportunity ever presents itself.
“What I would have given to be in his shoes, even if it’s just once,” that was my earnest wish back then.

   I knew it was bad (morally) but how bad could it be? Here is someone who I should have probably named a "Sexopedia," he gave colours to that urge I felt, he paints with those colours a masterpiece. How bad or how wrong would it be if I had to pay a prostitute to douse the flames of these feelings?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STORY: A DIARY OF TWO STRANGERS CHAPTER 2

... I turned my back on her exiting the scene, she had first grabbed at her chest, seeming to rip out her heart but grabbed her stomach rather, as if to bring a child out of it, like an evidence to refute my last words. She went down on the floor with a howling cry. I could care less if she wept... I banged the door so loud, the neighbours should have jumped out of bed… but they didn’t ... T hinking about it in this lonely park, I resented this night, “why did I have to come home tonight?” I said out loud.

VACANCY: YOUR MARRIAGE NEEDS YOU

 It is when a man understands submission that the little moments of quietness, the uneasy moments of saying, “I am sorry” and the walking away from a nagging wife saves his marriage. “Do not try to dictate to me! You are always trying to teach me what to do” the 73 year old man barked at his wife, before me and few others. The woman went quiet all through that night. As that scene played over and again in my heart I observe that we cannot attain to a place in marriage where submission fades. In marriages where submission is shown the front door, the bags of one of the couple would soon follow. Where submission is denied access to thrive, the man tends towards autocracy and the woman becomes manipulative and rebellious. Heated arguments, battery, excessive anger, unforgiveness and ultimately divorce; implies both partners are not submitting to one another. I am not blind to certain people and cultures that have great exaggeration and misconception of submission and its applicati

MYTH OR TRUTH: ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED PART II

WHAT THE APOSTLES TAUGHT Grace is Christ's finished work... until ourselves become the finished work... In part II we shall wholly consider what the apostles taught the early church, by the careful layout of their warnings. But before we do, I want you to keep in your heart the thought that warnings becomes a necessity where hazard is a reality. Let's begin from Hebrews.