Skip to main content

ONCE BROKEN



My disobedience wounded Him
My wickedness bruised Him
By my hate I grieved Him
His saving hands I nailed
Yet unrelenting His love became 

When I strayed
In my place my saviour stayed
On Him the punishment laid
Lamb led to the slaughter
Dumb to His shearers blade
For all world's injustice sake
The blessed Lamb neither spake

God's holy wrath descending
God's holy Son ascending
Embracing
He arose for my defending

So loved He us so
The trials of His own soul
Colliding with God's judgement whole
Justice served and satisfied
O I know
Whiter I became than snow

For great wrath
Was crushed by great love
For Great death
Was displaced by life greater

O the price
That redemption of my soul
Of stripes, blood and death
I the lost, sought and returned home
At last the family of God
Once broken now made whole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOWNPOUR

Joshua meador rainy windy day Shivering branches scares fleeing birds Waving clothes seeks The cozy corner of a wardrobe Palm trees block against the wind The sky pulls a curtain of blackness Fleeing kids, jumping Josh jams James Litters of rubbish terrified by drops Groaning doors and clapping windows Closing doors closes stalls Noisy roofs and flowing streams Across the street we see a wetting floor Speaking sky yells out thunder Fright and comfort Cool and noise Just another wet day on a suppose Sunday Paul Aremooluwa Copyright Content       2016 Next Poem

What Went Wrong? Part I

Today Believers are the least content with their lives. We want to own and drive Cars (plural) and build mansions by the waterside. This seduction of our souls is a result of the kind of teachings that flow from the pulpits. As the Church is painted before us in the epistles, I say to you, All Christians will not be rich (in material possessions) and all Christians will not be poor.

APOLOGY TO THE ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA

The Nigerian Pledge I pledge to Nigeria my country To be faithful loyal and honest To serve Nigeria With all my strength To defend her unity And uphold her honour and glory So help me God   Gallant Nigerian soldiers pose for a group picture You are the finest resources of Nigeria You are a special breed amongst her children You are knights in Khaki The soul of the lots of us You have sworn, you have kept by your guns, the oath, Lip muttered by civilians You have kept the oath, By Guns & tears, by Bullets and Blood The shedding, behind enemy lines You are heroes let alone as tree top owls You gave peace from the war Saviours in uniform though no songs for your exploits Even in death, green & white goes beneath with you Thank you for your sweat, blood, toils and tears. We (civilians) simply have no clue what it means to vow & pledge one’s life the way you do. From camp to camp this nation has...