Skip to main content

LONELY HOBBIES


Within dark, loneliness
My company the wind
Every glass painted,
Images of him
Every mirror tainted,
Reflections his

Walls Echoes chants
humming silence
Hide and seek
He is my thoughts
Shattered,
Glass and crash
His picture frame
Ordered,
By shaky hands
Dark sky draws near
The moon reminds
He isn't here
I grow teary eyes
They pick above
Shinny tiny gems
In shadowy nights
I stab the sand
with finger and hearts
I sprawl on tiles
Memories linger


From his clothes
Arise his haunting smell
The spell of him
Enchanting I
Till I knot his ties
Cherishing the hands
That knot them once
The bathroom wall
Reminds,
Sparkling his smile
I watched him go
So went my smile
Till he's home
These hobbies will I
For what is love
With little or no despair.

Photo credit
Image 1: John Foxx
Image 2: empowermagazine.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOWNPOUR

Joshua meador rainy windy day Shivering branches scares fleeing birds Waving clothes seeks The cozy corner of a wardrobe Palm trees block against the wind The sky pulls a curtain of blackness Fleeing kids, jumping Josh jams James Litters of rubbish terrified by drops Groaning doors and clapping windows Closing doors closes stalls Noisy roofs and flowing streams Across the street we see a wetting floor Speaking sky yells out thunder Fright and comfort Cool and noise Just another wet day on a suppose Sunday Paul Aremooluwa Copyright Content       2016 Next Poem

What Went Wrong? Part I

Today Believers are the least content with their lives. We want to own and drive Cars (plural) and build mansions by the waterside. This seduction of our souls is a result of the kind of teachings that flow from the pulpits. As the Church is painted before us in the epistles, I say to you, All Christians will not be rich (in material possessions) and all Christians will not be poor.

APOLOGY TO THE ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA

The Nigerian Pledge I pledge to Nigeria my country To be faithful loyal and honest To serve Nigeria With all my strength To defend her unity And uphold her honour and glory So help me God   Gallant Nigerian soldiers pose for a group picture You are the finest resources of Nigeria You are a special breed amongst her children You are knights in Khaki The soul of the lots of us You have sworn, you have kept by your guns, the oath, Lip muttered by civilians You have kept the oath, By Guns & tears, by Bullets and Blood The shedding, behind enemy lines You are heroes let alone as tree top owls You gave peace from the war Saviours in uniform though no songs for your exploits Even in death, green & white goes beneath with you Thank you for your sweat, blood, toils and tears. We (civilians) simply have no clue what it means to vow & pledge one’s life the way you do. From camp to camp this nation has...